Terms and conditions
- The organiser of the ‘Quit your way in May 2022’ competition is Drug and Alcohol Services South Australia (DASSA), of 75 Magill Road Stepney, South Australia, 5069, ABN 14 227 133 467.
- The competition commences at 12.01 am on Sunday 20 March 2022 and closes at 11.59 pm on 31 May 2022, known as the ‘competition period’.
- Entries must be received during the ‘competition period’. DASSA accepts no responsibility for late, lost or misdirected entries.
- Entry to the competition is free and is limited to one entry per person.
- Information on prizes and how to enter form part of these Terms and Conditions of Entry.
- The aim of the competition is to encourage registration in the ‘Quit your way in May 2022’ event, and smoking cessation in South Australia.
- DASSA reserves the right to verify the validity of entries and reserves the right to disqualify any competition entrant for tampering with the entry process or for submitting an entry that is not in accordance with these Terms and Conditions, or if the competition entrant is engaged in any unlawful or other improper misconduct calculated to jeopardise the fair and proper conduct of the competition. DASSA’s legal rights to recover damages or other compensation from such an offender are reserved.
- DASSA reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the competition at any time.
- Entry into the competition is deemed acceptance by the competition entrant of these Terms and Conditions.
Who is eligible?
The winning competition entrant must fulfill the following criteria:
- Be a resident of South Australia aged 18 years or older. DASSA reserves the right to request the winner to produce proof of identity, proof of age, and proof of South Australian residency status. Identification considered suitable for verification is at the discretion of DASSA. If identification required by DASSA is not received by DASSA (or its nominated agent) the winner’s entry will be deemed invalid.
- Under conditions of the SA Public Sector Code of Ethics, DASSA employees and other South Australian Government employees are ineligible to win the prize.
- Has registered for ‘Quit your way in May’ during the ‘competition period’ (referred to in clause 2 of these ‘Terms and Conditions’) according to the instructions at www.quityourwayinmay.com.au. Competition registration requires the completion of the online entry form at www.quityourwayinmay.com.au, with all required fields completed by the competition entrant (identified by an asterisk).
- Has ticked the box stating, “Yes, you can contact me, if required, about publicly sharing my ‘Quit your way in May’ quitting story.”
- Has answered the question, “What is your reason for wanting to quit smoking?”.
- Has ticked the box stating, “Yes, I have read the competition ‘Terms and Conditions'”.
- Agrees to share their ‘Quit your way in May’ story with the ‘Quit your way in May’ team.
- Agrees to their story being published, if required, in media such as registrant emails, social media, besmokefree.com.au, or in mainstream media such as newspapers, radio or television.
- Agrees to have their first name included, if required, in the media story and have their photo accompany the media story.
- The winning competition entrant will receive the following:
- Permission for two people to attend a location shoot for the television show – ‘South Aussie with Cosi’, at which both people will have the opportunity to be an extra in the filming of the show.
- Voucher for two nights at the Hotel Indigo, 23-29 Market Street, Adelaide, South Australia, including a breakfast for two people.
- The prize is not transferable for cash and cannot be sold to another party.
- The date of the ‘South Aussie with Cosi’ location shoot will be determined by the organisers of ‘South Aussie with Cosi’, and no negotiation can be entered into by the competition winner.
- The date of the location shoot may be subject to change depending on segment scheduling.
- Booking of accommodation with the accommodation voucher is subject to availability.
Selection of winning entrant
- One ‘Quit your way in May 2022’ registrant who meets the Terms and Conditions of this competition will be selected via a random draw in June 2022.
- The winning entrant will be notified by 30 June 2022.
- DASSA’s decision regarding a winner is final and DASSA will not enter into correspondence regarding the prize draw or winning entries.
- The winning competition entrant will receive a notification from DASSA, which will include instructions on how to claim the prize.
- The winning competition entrant will need to provide their postal address, in order for the prize (voucher for two people to attend a location shoot for the television show – ‘South Aussie with Cosi’, at which both people will have the opportunity to be an extra in the filming of the show and voucher for two people for two nights at the Hotel Indigo, 23-29 Market Street, Adelaide, South Australia, including breakfast) to be mailed to them. Alternatively, they may arrange to collect the prize in person during business hours from DASSA’s Stepney Office at 75 Magill Road, Stepney SA.
- The prize must be claimed within 30 days from notification. If mailing details are not provided or it is not collected by this date the prize will be deemed forfeited.
- The Government of South Australia accepts no responsibility for any tax implications that may arise from the prize winnings.
- The Government of South Australia shall not be liable for any loss (including, without limitation, indirect or consequential loss), damage, personal injury or death, which is suffered or sustained (including but not limited to that arising from any person’s negligence) in connection with this competition, except any liability that cannot be excluded by law (in which case that liability is limited to the minimum allowable by law).